Acai bowl has been my staple spring-summer breakfast since last year, when I got absolutely bored of my beloved oatmeal in the mornings. I absolutely love making an acai bowl on a sunny morning, topping it off with granola, banana and berries (the more the merrier!). So I want to share this staple breakfast recipe with you.
You can also watch this video where I talk you through the process:
Ingredients you will need for Acai Bowl:
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk*
- Frozen berries*
- 1/2 Banana
- Acai juice pads* ( I bought mine from Wholefoods Market)
- Fresh Berries
- 1/2 banana
I warm up these acai juice pads under a hot running water, which makes it much easier to break down. If you don’t have much time, then you can just place them in warm water for about 5 minutes whilst you’re preparing other ingredients.
Place half of a banana, frozen berries and acai into the blender, then pour milk over it and blend on a high speed until smooth. You may choose to use less milk or skip it overall if you want to have a thicker, sorbet-like consistency.
Pour your acai mixture into the bowl and top it off with fresh berries, the remaining half of banana and my home-made granola. I always go quite heavy on my toppings!
And that’s it! It’s a very simple recipe and it is super delicious!
* You can use any kind of milk for this recipe or skip it completely if you want to get a sorbet-like consistency.
* I used frozen cherries for this recipe, but my favourite frozen berries to use for this recipe are blueberries. Don’t be afraid to experiment with flavours and add whichever berries you like!
* If you can’t get a hold of these juice pads, you can always use a tablespoon of acai powder. If you do so, then just double the amount of berries to substitute for acai solids.
* I have a home-made granola recipe which you can see here.